Try these exercises at home when wintry weather keeps you indoors.
Wall or Dresser Push-up
1. Lean forward with hands on wall or dresser. Keep legs and spine in line and hands slightly greater than shoulder-width apart.
2. Slowly lower upper body to wall or dresser, then push back up.
1. Sit, putting hands on the arms of a chair, feet firmly on the floor, and your trunk erect.
2. Push upward through your legs and straighten elbows simultaneously, lifting out of chair. Then return to start.
1. Lie on your back on the floor or bed with knees up and arms at your sides for balance.
2. Keeping head and shoulders on floor, and abdomen tight, slowly push on your heels and raise pelvis to form a straight line from knees to shoulders. Return to start.
Mayo Clinic Women's HealthSource
Respond to this articleView Reader Comments